Tuesday, August 28, 2012

3...2...1... Do, Re, Mi

Exactly three more days to 'the day'. As some of you may already know, I took up piano again after twenty years to be a living example to my two kids that no matter what age you are, you can still learn new things, albeit a little slower. :)

In three days, I will be having my Grade 5 practical exams.

Yes, 'the day'.

Grade 5 is the crucial stage for me. Twenty years ago, I had failed this grade twice. It was so discouraging, I quit. Yes, I do think I am courageous to take it on again. Especially at my age. I won't deny it. I am worried, to the core. With so many things happening to me this year (arrival of Ron Ron, etc), it has been challenging to find the time to practise.

But I've made the best of the situation. I've practised and practised till little Becky knows how to say 'I want to practise piano!', because I say that to her all the time. The clock is ticking. I think I'm ready. Bring it on!

Gawd... please let me pass! :D

10 comments:

  1. Good luck in your piano exam I'm sure you be able to pass .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck you! You know what? I also stopped almost 20 years ago... at Grade 5! Haha. You can do it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best! I too, stopped at Grade 5. :p You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck! I failed my Grade 8 and didn't continue anymore, your courage is admirable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! You will make it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to you! I also learnt till grade 5 & stopped, now kinda regret it but I do not have the courage to take up piano again. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best to your upcoming piano exams - I think it is great that u decided to re-visit this again. Seriously i don't have the courage to pick it up again, I stopped at Grade 7 and the last time I played the piano was almost a year ago, and it was terrible, I can't even do a decent sight reading :( A while back I did consider if I should pick it up again, but I realized that my interest for learning music have died...bravo, on having the courage to do the again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it! Me too, stopped about 20 years ago, what a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish you the best of luck..you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!