Thursday, August 01, 2013

Ready, get set, go! My 14-day 'radiant skin' challenge with NIVEA

{User experience}

Cleanser, check. Moisturizer, check. Sun block, check. I sound like a real beauty junkie, right? Not!! All these items that I've named above, they are my skincare products for the face. And only the face.

When I worked with a beauty client previously, I had learnt how harsh the environment can be on the skin, and how UV rays can trigger the production of melanin, which is what causes pigmentation. Skin will also become dull, with a lack of lustre and brightness.

Here, I don't just mean the skin on the face. Like what was shared with me then, we ladies tend to focus on the skin in our faces, but isn't it equally important to take care of our whole body?

Knowing is one thing, doing is another. I have continued to focus only on my facial skin, and neglecting the rest of my body, except for the occasional scrub.

Then motherhood came and I didn't even have the time to do my weekly facial mask treatment, let alone pamper the skin on the rest of me. Let alone applying moisturiser. Dont talk about UV protection. Couple that with skin that is aging daily, no, it does not bode well.

Yes, my skin, especially on my legs, have suffered badly from my neglect. Just take a look. The skin is dry, cracked and flaky. Even my mum has better leg skin than me, and that's because she moisturises her legs every night before bed. I really should learn from her.

Nivea 1
Can you see the pigmentation spots and uneven skin tone? I definitely need help.

So I'm quite grateful that I got the chance to try out the NIVEA Body Whitening Serum 14-Day Challenge. I knew I had to make a commitment to looking after my body skin, and this was a start. Fairer, smoother and more radiant skin in 14 days? Oh yes, I want!!!

Nivea 2
This body serum sure looked promising. It is the first ever body whitening serum with SPF25. Just what my suffering legs need.

It is enriched with natural Vitamin C from Camu Camu, which is a riverside tree with cherry-like fruits that grows in the Amazon forest, and 95% Pure Vitamin C that targets, repairs and restores skin that has been exposed to the sun. Did you know that Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant to help reduce melanin production and lighten dull, dark skin.

Nivea 4
Aroma & texture
The first thing I noticed the moment I opened the tube is its pleasant aroma. It is not overpowering, and was rather refreshing. I must have smelled really nice, as EV said later 'what's that smell? Mummy smells nice!'.

Nivea 5
I love the texture of the serum too. It's not too thick, and was absorbed very quickly the moment I applied it. The lightweight serum also didn't leave a sticky-after feeling. Exactly what I like as I find most body skin products too thick and sticky.

And the price? I think it's a steal. All this goodness in a tube costs just $9.55.

14-day challenge to more moisturised and even toned skin? Bring it on!!!

Instagram Campaign
Want to win $188 NIVEA hampers? Just upload photos of sunny outdoor activities that you do as part of your lifestyle or on the weekends, with the hashtags #NIVEASG #UVWhtSerum #Sunnyfun #Sunshine. The best photos depicting the hashtags will win weekly $188 NIVEA hampers. The campaign will run from 21 July to 15 August.

Disclaimer: We received monetary compensation and products from NIVEA for this review. All opinions and images are my own, based on my authentic user experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!