Monday, November 04, 2013

IKEA's art & craft collection and new bedroom range for 8 to 12 year olds

I think Ikea is fast becoming my favourite place. Not that it wasn't before. With my recent discovery of a couple of items, I think I will probably visit the furnishing retailer a few more times in the coming weeks. And it's not due to the Swiss meatballs with cranberries.

Ikea 7
Here's my loot that set me back $66 the other day. Yup, very exact as I was keeping track. I got non-toxic felt pens, markers, chalks, a paper roll and storage boxes for storing the kids' drawing materials and toys. Oh, and a vehicle set and stacking cups.

Ikea 8
The Samla clear storage box was a brilliant find, only $5 each. Perfect for keeping the toy animals and trains. The kids thought otherwise, and played with the boxes. It was a track for the cars. It was for keeping the animals, well, for pouring the animals in and out, rather. It was for sitting in. The kids had fun. (In fact, I returned a few days later to get more of the same boxes, in different sizes for keeping more toys and our craft stuff. I think I'm hooked on to it.)

The markers were a great investment. EV fell in love with them immediately, and used them for our homemade do-a-dot numbers.

Ikea 9
These markers of course are part of Ikea's great collection for kids, which this mummy can’t get enough of (as some of you may understand). EV too finds it hard to resist, and at her young age, already recognizes the brand's logo. Every time we go past it at Tampines, she will say 'That is my favourite place!'.

Recently, Ikea launched a new bedroom collection for children aged 8 to 12 years, and I was very happy to be part of its official Ikea's Children School launch. 

Ikea 10
Photo credit: IKEA

Ikea 1

After a fun hands-on session using the Pyssla beads and shape, Nur Diana, leader of the Children’s Ikea department, brought everyone on an 'excursion' to see the new themed collection, which included a disco theme for girls and a space adventure theme for boys.

Ikea 3

Ikea 4

There are over 70 furniture items, so these little young adults can express their own individuality and personalise their own rooms, whether they are creative artists, aspiring rock stars or avid gamers. What a great idea!

Ikea 5

And it is so much fun too! I can just imagine creating themed rooms with EV or AA, with them taking the lead, of course. But, I guess I have to wait for a few more years before I can discover my home designing creativity, or rather, my kids'.

For parents with tweens though, I say, go down to Ikea and check out this new range now. I envy you.

Disclaimer: We were invited by IKEA Singapore to attend the Children's IKEA School launch of the new bedroom collection for 8 to 12 year olds. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my own. All images are my own, unless otherwise stated.


**************

Thank you for reading. If you like this post, please do connect with me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter, so I can share our fun adventures, thoughts and exploits with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!