Monday, June 09, 2014

Temporarily helpless but home sweet home

I've been temporarily helpless since the start of the holidays. The helper had to rush back to her hometown to visit her ailing father. DaddySay was away for work and mother in law just had an eye operation and needed to rest. Suddenly, I was left with the responsibility of looking after two kids, especially one who needs extra attention and care so he doesn't get a relapse again. I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so, since I'm usually at work, and only spend the evenings with them.

My mum, upon hearing the news, insisted that I move over to my maternal home with the kids. She said it's the perfect arrangement till the helper comes back - I can focus on looking after the kids while she cooks good nutritious food for them. Seeing how the kids enjoy her cooking when we head over during the weekends. I do agree that it's a good arrangement. For me too, it's the perfect opportunity for the kids to spend more time with their grandparents, to eat yummy food (for mum can really cook) and for me to stay in my maternal home since a long time ago.

So we moved back and have been there for more than a week. I was a little worried about how the kids would settle in the new environment, especially AA, since he's never stayed there before. However, I'm glad to say that it's been wonderful! Well balanced, yummy meals everyday. The kids are eating well and seems more well-behaved too. Maybe it's because I'm the one looking after them and they know they can't take advantage of me. We haven't been out much, just out for lunch or downstairs to the playground, but to me, it's good enough because I'm with the kids the whole day. They too, can't seem to get enough of me, calling out to me all the time. Sometimes, it gets to the point where I can't finish a single task without them calling me three to four times. I can't go to the toilet for more than five minutes without them knocking on the door. But it's ok. At the end of the day, it's tiring but being this close with them is what matters.

What I also appreciate is sleeping in my own home, under the same roof as my parents, something that I have not done for a long time. I enjoy sitting on my favourite sofa, next to my parents as we watch TVBJ (the satellite channel of Hong Kong's TVB) and share comments on what we are watching. I enjoy eating barbecue chicken and fish ball soup with them as we do that. I miss doing all these with them and I'm glad that I got the opportunity to do it with them again.

I'm home. Home sweet home.

Home sweet 1
One of my favourite photos of my parents and siblings

**********

Thank you for reading. If you like this post, please do connect with me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter, so I can share our fun adventures, thoughts and exploits with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!